Thursday 13 October 2011

A Beautiful City..

One of the reasons that I love to travel is the feeling you get from seeing somewhere new! That excited feeling as you set your eyes on a totally new landscape, previously alien to you cannot be matched! The first time I traveled to America I wasn't looking forward to it at all but as we left Chicago, O' Hare airport I was speechless at the sight in front of me. I could clearly see the John Hancock building and Sears Tower from the airport, it was amazing. A family friend collected us from the airport and brought us to his house for a bite to eat before he gave us a quick tour of Chicago, and then took us to where we were staying. The volume of traffic downtown was incredible. Cars were bumper to bumper the whole way in on Lake Shore Drive (or LSD for short!!). We passed by Wrigley Field, the home stadium of the Chicago Cubs, and then to Hyde Park, where we stayed with another family friend. Walking around downtown the next few days was incredible, Chicago is an amazing city. The combination of the downtown metropolis next to the beachfront of Lake Michigan  is the perfect combination of city life and relaxation. The cool breeze from the lake ensures the temperatures in Chicago in summertime are never too unbearable. One thing I would recommend is the sunset architecture tour on Lake Michigan, because it brings you around Chicago by boat, all the while educating you on the city's greatest architecture and then brings you out i nto Lake Michigan for a full panoramic view of the city. It's a sight for sore eyes!

 My experience of Chicago was so good that it would be my first preference of a place to live over anywhere else in the world! I'm hoping that someday I'll fulfill this dream!

I would advise anyone to visit Chicago at some point over the course of their lives, if possible!

I hope you found this interesting,
                                                    Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment